Help & Support
There are four main ways to get help:
- Read the FAQ below.
Browse or post to the
(recommended for non-account related issues).
Please read our Longevity statement before advocating for a feature request.
- Join the Standard Notes Slack group (recommended for small talk).
Send an email to
(recommended for account related issues).
Note that your Extended account and notes account are separate, and may use a different email.
Privacy & Longevity
- Who can read my private notes?
- Has Standard Notes completed a third-party security audit?
- How does Standard Notes secure my notes?
- What country is Standard Notes located in?
- What happens to my data if Standard Notes disappears?
- What services does Standard Notes use for daily operation?
- What information does Standard Notes collect about me?
- Can I store passwords in Standard Notes?
- I've forgotten my password. What should I do?
- How can I change my account email?
- How do I delete my account?
- How do I change my account password?
- Why can I not sign in, even though my email and password are correct?
- Is Standard Notes a good Evernote alternative?
- How do I attach encrypted files to my notes?
- Why is the app icon different from the brand icon?
- Can I collaborate with others on a note?
- Can I use Standard Notes totally offline?
- How can I import my notes from Evernote?
- How can I import my notes from Simplenote?
- How can I import my notes from Apple Notes?
- How can I import my notes from Google Keep?
- How can I import notes from a bunch of text files?
- How can I contribute to Standard Notes?
- How can I donate to Standard Notes?
- What are editors?
- How do I create and import backups of my Standard Notes data?
- How do I delete a note?
- How do I delete a tag?
- How do I share a private note?
- How do I use Markdown in my notes?
- How do I clear duplicates?
- How do I enable spellcheck?
- How do I print a note?
- How do I make an editor my default editor?
- How do I search inside a note?
- How do I add images to my notes?
- How do I uninstall Standard Notes?
- How do I view a list of untagged notes (and create other dynamic filters)?
- How do I link multiple notes together to create a sort of personal wiki?
- What does it mean to lock or protect a note?
- How can I optimize the performance of Standard Notes?
- How do I manage/modify my Extended subscription?
- What happens to my data when my subscription expires?
- How do I add more time to my Extended subscription?
- How do I install extensions once I've signed up for Extended?
- Why was I not requested to set up a password for Extended?
- My extensions appear as expired, even though my subscription is still valid.
- What is the refund policy on Standard Notes Extended?
- What is Standard Notes' sale policy?
- How can I get an invoice for my purchase?
- Is there a free trial available for Extended?
- Does Standard Notes offer a student discount?
- Does Standard Notes offer a lifetime subscription?
- What if I can't afford the price of Extended?
Note History & Backups
- Creating a Blog From Your Notes with Listed and Standard Notes
- How do I register for a Listed blog?
- How do I publish articles to Listed?
- How do I manage my blog settings, like username and custom domain?
- How do I email my subscribers about new articles and updates?
- What is my Listed guestbook?
- How do I change the colors, fonts, and general layout of my Listed blog?
- How do I specify a custom date for a post, or set the canonical URL?
- How do I hide a story from my main feed?
- How do I add separate pages to my blog?
Connect With Us
How can I get involved?
Share Standard Notes with your friends, family, and followers.
Like our page on alternativeTo to help more people discover Standard Notes.
Come join our Slack group.
How can I get in touch?
Follow us on Twitter for updates and announcements.
- For general questions, or if you'd like to just say hello, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For encrypted email support, email us at our ProtonMail address email@example.com using your ProtonMail account.
- For media inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you'd like to make a security disclosure, please email email@example.com.
Our headquarters are located at:
Standard Notes Ltd. 350 N Orleans St. STE 9000N Chicago, IL 60654