How do I enable spellcheck?
Spellcheck is disabled by default in the desktop app, and is enabled by default in the web app. To enable spellcheck:
- In the editor pane, under the note title, click Menu.
- In the Global Display section, click Spellcheck to toggle it on or
- If you don't see the Spellcheck option, ensure your current editor is the Plain Editor. Spellcheck is available only in the Plain Editor, so you must be using it to control that option.
Note: On Desktop, spellcheck may not be available with Extended editors.
More from Usage
- How do I create and import backups of my Standard Notes data?
- How do I delete a note?
- How do I delete a tag?
- How do I share a private note?
- How do I use Markdown in my notes?
- How do I clear duplicates?
- How do I print a note?
- How do I make an editor my default editor?
- How do I search inside a note?
- How do I add images to my notes?
- How do I uninstall Standard Notes?
- How do I view a list of untagged notes (and create other dynamic filters)?
- How do I link multiple notes together to create a sort of personal wiki?
- What does it mean to lock or protect a note?
- How can I optimize the performance of Standard Notes?