What is Standard Notes' sale policy?
We may hold sales on our subscription product from time to time, typically once per year. We've learned that sales are a useful tool to include users who may not be able to afford the product at its normal price.
Users who purchase the product at normal pricing gain access to the product at a guaranteed price, and at a guaranteed date. Users who hold out for a sale, on the other hand, gain access to the product at an unknown price, and at an unknown date. For this reason, during sales events, we do not price adjust for users who may have purchased the product at normal pricing.
(The exception to this is if you purchased at a non-discounted price within 30 days prior to the sale, since technically, you can request a refund, and then purchase at the discounted price.)
More from Extended Account
- How do I manage/modify my Extended subscription?
- What happens to my data when my subscription expires?
- How do I add more time to my Extended subscription?
- How do I install extensions once I've signed up for Extended?
- Why was I not requested to set up a password for Extended?
- My extensions appear as expired, even though my subscription is still valid.
- What is the refund policy on Standard Notes Extended?
- How can I get an invoice for my purchase?
- Is there a free trial available for Extended?
- Does Standard Notes offer a student discount?
- Does Standard Notes offer a lifetime subscription?
- What if I can't afford the price of Extended?