I've forgotten my password. What should I do?
Standard Notes makes use of end-to-end encryption to encrypt your data on your device before it's sent to our servers. This means that we, or anyone else, cannot read the contents of your notes, nor do we know what your encryption key is. For this reason, password resets are simply not possible.
Your only option is to delete your account and start over. If you'd like
to delete your account and all associated data, please follow the
More from General
- How can I change my account email?
- How do I delete my account?
- How do I change my account password?
- Why can I not sign in, even though my email and password are correct?
- Is Standard Notes a good Evernote alternative?
- How do I attach encrypted files to my notes?
- Why is the app icon different from the brand icon?
- Can I collaborate with others on a note?
- Can I use Standard Notes totally offline?
- How can I import my notes from Evernote?
- How can I import my notes from Simplenote?
- How can I import my notes from Apple Notes?
- How can I import my notes from Google Keep?
- How can I import notes from a bunch of text files?
- How can I contribute to Standard Notes?