Why can I not sign in, even though my email and password are correct?
There are no known technical issues with sign in. If there were, we'll be sure to update this page. If you can't sign in, please try some of these tips:
Both the email field and password field are case sensitive. Ensure that you did not accidentally register your account with an uppercase email character.
It is possible that you registered your email with an extra space at the end, or some other erroneous character. While newer versions of our applications strip any extraneous characters before you register, you may have registered on a version that did not. In these cases, it's best to email support, so we can check to see if there are email addresses registered that very closely resemble yours, but perhaps differ by an extraneous character or two.
Your password manager may have misconfigured your entry. Ensure the value in your password manager is correctly configured.
If you are a paid Extended subscriber, note that your email for your Extended account and your email for your notes account may be different. Ensure you are using the correct email in the correct place.
More from General
- I've forgotten my password. What should I do?
- How can I change my account email?
- How do I delete my account?
- How do I change my account password?
- Is Standard Notes a good Evernote alternative?
- How do I attach encrypted files to my notes?
- Why is the app icon different from the brand icon?
- Can I collaborate with others on a note?
- Can I use Standard Notes totally offline?
- How can I import my notes from Evernote?
- How can I import my notes from Simplenote?
- How can I import my notes from Apple Notes?
- How can I import my notes from Google Keep?
- How can I import notes from a bunch of text files?
- How can I contribute to Standard Notes?
- How can I donate to Standard Notes?